*Newbie Question* --> Is it viable to distribute Python apps over the Internet?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Thu Apr 24 14:09:26 EDT 2003

"Dennis Reinhardt" <DennisR at dair.com> writes:

> JpC> >   Is the app that generates these available (commercially or for
> free)?
> JJL> Probably py2exe or McMillan Installer, I imagine.
>
> Nope.... neither one.  I used Python itself and other programs, as described
> in separate posting.

Yes, I read your post.  You said you did some kind of manual hack to
package your app, but clearly you have some system for your web page
packager (neat, BTW :-), which you didn't specify.

So, does your thing work better on space than the alternatives?  Maybe
it's worth making it available if so...

John