why not say just what wants an integer?

Dan Jacobson jidanni at dman.ddts.net
Tue Apr 22 22:27:08 EDT 2003

Say, does lack of ability to figure out how to make this work
$ python -c 'print range(map(lambda x:x+1,(11,131,11)))'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
TypeError: an integer is required

indicate 1. newbie, 2. lazy newbie, 3. can't really blame me?

BTW, couldn't python be improved by saying just what wants an integer?

Yes, it happened after I added range(), so range wants the integer, I
can tell that.  So list() won't help etc.

P.S. "pydoc print" gives nothing. Should it give some clue to the user
wanting to know about "print", or is that some violation of principles?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780