mingw python module

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Mon Apr 28 12:43:30 EDT 2003

June,

Please post instead of sending private email.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:52:24AM +0900, Changjune Kim wrote:
> Dear Jason Tishler,
>
> I read your post on c.l.p about your compiling readline module on
> win32 using mingw at
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=mailman.1016455560.10460.python-list%40py
> thon.org
>
> I seem to have compiled it with mingw32 2.0.0 and Python 2.3b1. I can
> even use it for rlcompleter. However, there is a problem. When I
> ctrl-C, python shell doesn't throw exception but segment fault.

See below...

> Strangely, the shell quits with ctrl-D like in linux.

AFAICT, the above is the expected behavior.

> Has this happend to you, too?

I never tried this before.  I just did so and can confirm your findings.

If this is important to you, then you will have to debug this yourself.
Since I have never typed a Ctrl-C into a Win32 Python interpreter in
over 2.5 years, it is safe to assume that my motivation to investigate
this corner case is extremely low. :,)

> Thank you in advance.

You are welcome.

> Sincerely,