Forgetting "()" when calling methods

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 27 20:37:28 EDT 2003

Quoth Aahz:
> In article <mailman.1051376980.15852.python-list at python.org>,
> Steven Taschuk  <staschuk at telusplanet.net> wrote:
  [...]
> >It would be nice to be able to point people at a good on-line
> >debugging tutorial for beginners; anybody know of such a thing?)
>
> Doing a Google for "debugging tutorial" pulls this as the top link:
> http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/debug.html

Yes, that's not bad.  A little too tool-centric for my tastes, but
it does give good general concepts (e.g., "Finding your bug is a
process of confirming the many things that you believe are true --
until you find one which is *not* true.") and excellent examples
for the language used, C.

Of course, if I'd wanted to know what Google thinks, I'd have
asked Google.  Perhaps you were wondering why I didn't; I'm hoping
that one of the experienced teachers who posts here might make a
recommendation backed by their experience.  That would carry much
more weight (with me, at least) than Google's page rank.

Steven Taschuk                           staschuk at telusplanet.net
"I'm always serious, never more so than when I'm being flippant."
                            -- _Look to Windward_, Iain M. Banks