Distributed environment

Maciej Sobczak maciej at maciejsobczak.com
Fri Apr 4 04:10:44 EST 2003

Hi,

"Gerrit van Dyk" <gerritvd at decillion.net> wrote in message
news:3e8d1edc$0$235 at hades.is.co.za...

> I am in the process of designing a system that will need to use a
> distributed environment.

Please try:
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/

It is very easy to use this infrastructure in Python (for example, native
Python lists are used to compose messages) and it also supports other
languages (C, C++ and Tcl).

> Several different services will be registered with the central server to
> supply different types of services (rate feeds, risk analysis, forecasting
> etc).

Take a look at the Event Service -- it allows to distribute messages accross
many services in the subscription model. Other models (including load
balancing over many servers) are easy to implement with the use of messag
forwarding.
Do not hesitate to contact me in case of any further questions.

> The system
> needs to be up 24/7/52.

:)

> Is this feasable?

Yes, I think.

--
Maciej Sobczak
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/

Distributed programming lib for C, C++, Python & Tcl:
http://www.maciejsobczak.com/prog/yami/