Web programming and a different "type" problem

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Apr 28 16:37:36 EDT 2003

Cameron Laird <claird at lairds.com> wrote:
> What's a better way?

In Zope you can exploit the buit-in marshaller to convince it to do
the list thing:

<input type="text" name="foo:list" />

The ':list' gets picked up by Zope and then it does the right thing.

I've written a product for Zope called 'Formulator' that basically
solves this problem too, for most simple web forms. There are certainly
other systems for Zope (and elsewhere) that can do this kind of thing.
For Zope 3 work is being done on Zope 3 Schema/Forms that can tackle
this.

> Is there even a better way to
> think about this, in terms of basic Web standards?

I don't know about web standards.. XForms perhaps, but I'd hardly call
that 'basic'. :)

Regards,

Martijn