Use Pyrex instead (Re: newbie at SWIG, help needed with typemaps)

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) ckea25d02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Apr 1 20:14:03 EST 2003

Duncan Booth wrote:
> I, of course, misread this and wrote:
>
>      cdef class Spam:
>     	    	method = classmethod(Spam)

Hmmm, maybe I should make it clearer that I'm only talking about
Python classes here, not extension types.

> This gives an error from the C compiler: 'method' undeclared identifier.
> Fair enough that it doesn't work (the documentation sort of says it won't),
> but not so good that it generated bad C code.

That appears to be a bug -- it shouldn't be letting you
put anything other than declarations inside a cdef class
in the first place. I'll see about fixing this.

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,