no Python mail archiving utility?

Just just at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 9 13:38:16 EDT 2003

In article <joe-17FB5F.10302009042003 at orngca-news02.socal.rr.com>,
 Joe Strout <joe at strout.net> wrote:

> Yesterday morning I posted asking where to find a web mail
> archive/search program written in Python.  I got nothing but the sound
> of chirping crickets in response.
>
> Does this mean that no such utility exists?  Are all the dozens of
> mailing lists about Python-related topics serving up their archives via
> programs written in C and Perl?

Mailman 2.0.x comes with pipermail, which is pure Python, but real basic
(no pun intended ;-), it only does archiving, not searching (the latter
is no problem if the archives are public, since Google will pick them
up). Don't know if Mailman 2.1 ships the same or something better. I
think there are some Python-based indexing tools out there.

Just