win32 adding a tcpip alias to an interface

Jan Olderdissen jolderdissen at ixiacom.com
Wed Apr 30 16:44:41 EDT 2003

David,

the netsh command line utility should be very helpful here - it is
Microsoft's command line interface to network configuration. In
particular, 'netsh interface ip add address <arguments>' comes to
mind.

Start up netsh and play with help a bit. The interface is a bit
retarded, but you can figure it out after a bit of twiddling.

Jan