RuntimeError at end of test.autotest in Python 2.3b on windows, tmpfile also fails

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Apr 26 10:35:46 EDT 2003

[Irmen de Jong]
> when running "import test.autotest" in Python2.3b on windows xp,
> I get a RuntimeError at the end:

As the download page says, please report bugs on SourceForge.

It so happens that the RuntimeError is a consequence of test_imp failing,
which in turn is a consequence of doing "import test.autotest" instead of
"python lib/test/regrtest.py", so you can forget that one (I'm about to
check in a fix, as the cause happened to be obvious to me).  I don't know
about your other failure, and it's impossible to track clues via a newsgroup
(that's what the bug tracker is for).  Please report what you know about
that on SourceForge; the tests all passed on Win2K and Win98SE using Pythons
installed from the installer we shipped.