[wxPython] wxMDIChildFrame

Roro antispam.rvercoutere at ge-serveur.insa-lyon.fr
Thu Apr 3 10:50:26 EST 2003

Hello everybody,

I want to create a window with others windows inside : My goal is to open
several Images and apply filters on it.

In concrete terms, my main window is with a bar menu : I click on  'Open
File' Item and select images witch I wanna see.
And I open  Images in a window by image, and I use wxMDIParentFrame and
wxMDIChildFrame to create my windows.

To create Windows, I use these lines :

 def OnNewWindow(self, evt, ):
        / Open Dialog window witch ask witch files to open
        /
        self.winCount = self.winCount + 1
        self.win = wxMDIChildFrame(self, Self.winCount+100, "Child Window:
%d" % self.winCount)
        / ...
        /
        self.win.Show(true)

The problem comes now, I want to select a window and apply a filter on it
(filters are in my menu bar). So, I want to select image's window, click in
the menu bar the filter and see the result in the  selected window.
I can only apply my filter on the last opened window. the others windows
become ghost-windows (I can see them but i can't kill them). I think, it's
because 'win' points on the last window and run over the previous created
window.
I want to manage my windows, but I didn't find any solution.

Is it possible to create an indirection for 'win', by passing an argument
with the new name for the window  ?
Can I use 'Self.winCount' to refer to my ghost-windows ? Using their ID
number ?

Thanks in advance for any help.