Python code -> to C code

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Apr 28 23:17:49 EDT 2003

Garrison Tsang wrote:

> I just signed up and this is my first post.
>
> Knowing nothing about Python at the moment, I need to convert a python-code
> into compatible c-code.  I recall that were some program/utility that does
> the transformation for you.

I doubt it.  Maybe it would be helpful if you explained why you think you
need to convert the Python program into C?  Does it not run fast enough?
Does it have to interface with something else that is in C?  Does it have
to run on a platform on which Python is not supported?

If you haven't got a really good reason, you might be better off leaving
the code in Python.  If you think it's an issue that you don't know how
to program in Python yet, believe me, you'll become more proficient,
faster, with Python than you are with C in a very short time.

-Peter