methods and vars in zope objects

Erik Lechak elechak at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 21 22:05:38 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I have been beating my head against zope for a few days now.  I am
writing python scripts, and I can't seem to find what methods and
member variables go along with the various zope objects.  I would like
to be able to use dir(obj), obj.__class__ or type(obj) like I do when
I am using python everywhere else.  But It won't let me.  The
documentation is lengthy; I read throught it, and I must have missed
it.    I am looking at the code now ... but it's just raising my blood
pressure.

Is there a simple script, document, manual, or button that will list
the methods and member vars available to a certain object?  Something
like dir().

Thanks,
Erik Lechak