any benchmark results for python?

Gerhard Haering gh at ghaering.de
Tue Apr 15 10:18:03 EDT 2003

J Li wrote:
> I am looking for benchmark test results for python, in comparison to other
> languages like Perl or Java or C++ [...]

"There are lies, damn lies, and benchmarks."

I'd recommend creating the benchmarks yourself for the particular use
cases you have in mind. Be sure to exploit each language's features
optimally lest you forge the results.

If you're just looking for the bare results of using the *same*
algorithm (no libraries, not using any fancy language features) of
various language implementations, you can look at:

The Great Computer Language Shootout
http://www.bagley.org/~doug/shootout/

HTH,

-- Gerhard