pyqt 3.4 -- libqtcmodule.so undefined symbol

Jim jbublitzNO at SPAMnwinternet.com
Thu Sep 26 00:52:46 EDT 2002

Serge Boiko wrote:
> I've just compiled pyqt v.3.4 on Mandrake Linux 9.0 (rc3) and any pyqt
> applications I tried crashes with the message:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/eric/eric.py", line 6, in ?
>     from qt import QApplication, QTranslator, QTextCodec
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 39, in ?
>     import libqtc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZNK9QSGIStyle9classNameEv

> I have python 2.2.1 and gcc version 3.2-1mdk. Compilation ran
> smoothly.
> What's wrong?

Your version of the Qt libs wasn't compiled
with QSGIStyle (and some other similar stuff)
included. See README.Linux for the work around
(you shouldn't need to rebuild Qt, although
that is another possible fix)

If all else fails, try searching the archive
at: