Pickle problem

Harvey Thomas hst at empolis.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 06:13:47 EDT 2002

I'm trying to pickle a complicated data structure which includes a dictionary whose entries are created by (simplified):

a[x] = re.compile(y).match

The pickle fails, however, with the error:

PicklingError: Can't pickle <built-in method match of _sre.SRE_Pattern object at
 0x00838700>: it's not found as __main__.match

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me if it is possible to pickle the data structure and what I'm doing wrongly.

Thanks

Harvey