Larry Wall's comment on python...

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Fri Sep 20 08:05:28 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "James J. Besemer" <jb at cascade-sys.com>

> Chris Gonnerman wrote:
> >
> >No smiley this time... I really hate typing curly after
> >curly.  It makes me wonder that anyone *likes* the freakin'
> >things so much that they named a LANGUAGE after them.
>
> They are a hell of an improvement over "begin" and "end".

I disagree slightly... I don't have to shift for the literal
"begin" and "end" statements, and I don't have to reach either.
I'm left-handed; my right pinky is probably my weakest finger.
So, while I don't really *like* "begin" and "end" as in
Pascal, I rarely curse while typing them.

At least the : is right under that finger.

> But I agree, leaving them out altogether is even better.

Absolutely.

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net