Possible bug in Email and Multifile Modules ?

Sheila King usenet at thinkspot.net
Sun Sep 8 00:33:09 EDT 2002

On Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:29:15 -0400, "Steven D. Arnold"
<stevena at neosynapse.net> wrote in comp.lang.python in article
<mailman.1031430611.6805.python-list at python.org>:

> In my application, I'm trying to process a message based on its
> header, but I can't even get the header information, because instead
> of trying to intelligently handle a broken MIME message, an exception
> is raised.  Since I have no alternative but to find a way to
> automatically handle even broken messages, I either have to patch the
> email module to do what I want or reproduce much of the same logic in
> my own module.  I'd like to patch the email module and submit the
> patch for inclusion in the standard library.  What is the process for
> this?  Any other suggestions or comments would be appreciated as well.

Steve,

The developers of the email module have in fact been working on just such a
thing for the last several months. My understanding is that it is much
better than the email module that was released with Python 2.2.

Look here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mimelib/

Hope this helps,

--