COM object registration

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Sep 18 08:55:28 EDT 2002

dsavitsk wrote:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<interactive input>", line 1, in ?
>   File "C:\Python\win32com\client\__init__.py", line 92, in Dispatch
>     dispatch, userName =
> dynamic._GetGoodDispatchAndUserName(dispatch,userName,clsctx)
>   File "C:\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 81, in
> _GetGoodDispatchAndUserName
>     return (_GetGoodDispatch(IDispatch, clsctx), userName)
>   File "C:\Python\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 72, in _GetGoodDispatch
>     IDispatch = pythoncom.CoCreateInstance(IDispatch, None, clsctx,
> pythoncom.IID_IDispatch)
> com_error: (-2147467259, 'Unspecified error', None, None)

It is likely that an exception is being encountered that we can get at
pretty easy.

Add a named param "debug=1" to all UseCommandLine calls.  Then, on both
machines, start Pythonwin and select the debug trace collector.  Rerun
your tests and see if any additional interesting exceptions are reported.

Mark.