Getting started

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Thu Sep 19 09:40:00 EDT 2002

Lance wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Last night I attended a Weak typing, C++ Templates, and Python talk by Bruce
> Eckel. It was great, my introduction to Python.
>
> I'm sold on Python and weak typing.

I am not. But i much prefer dynamic over static typing :-)
What is 'weak typing' supposed to mean, anyway?  I have heard that a couple
of times from java-people because they tend to think that python
is not strongly typed.

> Would you be able to suggest an indispensable learning Python book?

David Beazley wrote "Python essential reference" which is a very good
book for programmers. It doesn't cover the most recent developments
but it still is one of the best IMO.

    holger