Python GUI app to impress the boss?

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Sep 18 14:56:06 EDT 2002

In article <vATh9.666$oY5.33977741 at newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, Dennis
Reinhardt <DennisR at dair.com> writes

>Would he be impressed by a user interface that powers 2.1 BILLION web
>documents? (ref: alltheweb.com)
>
>I am about 2 weeks away from releasing HTUIL, an integrated client for
>Windows, hosting Python, Perl, and/or native PLD2 displaying in a standard
>web browser.  See www.dair.com/hellopy.exe for a "hello" program written in
>Python and distributed as a standalone EXE on Windows.
>
>--
>
>Dennis Reinhardt

Well hoping Dennis is genuine and has better control over virii than my
outdated anti-virals I tried running this 360k hello world.

Now I'm confused, I have K-Meleon 0.6 installed as my standard, but
hellopy.exe tries to use Netscape 4.78 (also installed on my machine)
and fails to display anything properly (I see the source in the browser
window).

Probably one of those pesky registry settings over which only Billy
Goats has any control.
--
Robin Becker