Embedding - Local dictionaries for local scripts

Chris Walsh chris.walsh at real-sense.com
Fri Sep 6 11:46:41 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am embedding Python into a 3D renderer and for each "object" in the
environment, I want some local script which can get run.  Each object
will have it's own local variables which must persist between calls to
it's script there I believe I want to create a local dictionary for
each object which gets passed into the function:

    PyObject* PyRun_String(
        char *str,
        int start,
        PyObject *globals,
        PyObject *locals);

I have seen some stuff in comp.lang.python about creating a dict and
adding the __builtin__ module but I have been searching now for an
hour and cannot find it.

Can anyone point me to some code which creates this dictionary?

Kind Regards,

Chris.
"God is Real, unless declared Integer"