html template system?

Aldo Cortesi aldo at nullcube.com
Sat Sep 14 23:11:03 EDT 2002

":B nerdy" <thoa0025 at mail.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

>what are good templating systems avaliable for python?

A quick search on Google will turn up dozens.

Start by reading the following interesting (but, sadly,
Perl-centric) article:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/08/21/templating.html

Perrin Harkins gives a very good summary of the broader
issues involved in picking a templating system. After that,
have a look at some of these:

	Cheetah - http://www.cheetahtemplate.org/
	YAPTU - http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52305
	Cubictemp - http://www.nullcube.com/software/cubictemp.html

They're all quite good, and your choice will depend mostly
on your coding style and sense of aesthetics. I use
Cubictemp for much of what I do, but since it was written by
my company, my preference for it may simply be habit or
bias...

Cheers,

Aldo

--