make informixdb1.3

cmkl cmkleffner at gmx.de
Thu Sep 5 03:14:25 EDT 2002

"Farhad" <Farhad.Fouladi at Dresdner-Bank.com> wrote in message news:<akv5ee$evv2 at news-1.bank.dresdner.net>...
> Hi Stefan,
>
> thank you for your response. I start "make" in correct directory. The point
> is, there is no "_informixdb.c" file in downloaded files (from python.org).
> I suppose the make file should generate one but in my case it couldn't.
>
> Farhad

Hi there,

there should be _informixdb.ec which has to be prepprocessed by esql - a
tool supplied with the informix sdk on your machine.
Locate esql and your informix libraries.
run:   esql -e -G  -thread  -libs _informixdb.ec  to get a list
of the libraries and potientially object files which has to be linked
to your _informixdb module.
Be aware, that on some systems the informix sdk is supplied as
32 bit and/or 64 bit version.
Instead of using the Makefile I compiled informixdb manually (I didn't
patched the makefile). I use a patch to _informixdb.ec to get rid of
the most common pitfalls (DATE problem, ignore warnings instead treat
them as errors).
Send me a private email in the case of interest.

cmkl