where is the __dict__ ?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Thu Sep 19 07:40:23 EDT 2002

black wrote:
>   my book said all dictionaries have __dict__ method but couldnt find it by using dir(), where is it  ?

I think I already saw a response to this posting, but it just showed up
in c.l.p on my system...

Your book is probably wrong, since dictionaries don't have a __dict__
method.  In 2.2 their *classes* do, although dir() still doesn't show
it.

Perhaps you misread it.  What exactly did it say?  Any more importantly,
what goal do you have in mind.  Sometimes there are alternatives that
aren't the first thing that comes to mind.

-Peter