Stackless Python, eventual merge?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Sep 21 20:32:51 EDT 2002

In article <3D8A7630.9090108 at something.invalid>, Greg Ewing wrote:
> How does it (or how is it envisaged that it will)
> handle callbacks from C to interpreted code? Will
> it remain stackless under those conditions?

I have no idea, and would imagine that it hasn't been designed yet.
Looking at how Perl5 works might provide some guidance, because it'll
probably look similar in Parrot.

(Looking at the perlcall.pod document, which describes how to call
Perl5 code from C, it looks like callbacks from C are not stackless,
because you just call the call_sv() function which will return the
result.)

--amk