How to force built-in commands over imported.

Neil Padgen neil.padgen at mon.bbc.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 05:06:50 EDT 2002

Delaney, Timothy wrote:
> [ unit testing framework snipped]
>
> which allows me to perform each set of tests independently, and run them
> all through a single command. Even so, it should probably specify the
> actual names of the test cases in case there is a conflict somewhere, but
> that would fail to pick up any new test cases.

There's a fabulous regression testing script in Dive Into Python
which takes care of this for you, by running all tests in the
current (or given) directory which are in modules called *test.py.

http://www.diveintopython.org/regression_divein.html

I've modified this to work in the current directory and below,
but haven't been able to test it thoroughly in anger yet.  (I'm not
yet confident enough at writing tests...)

-- Neil