monetary applications (et al)

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Thu Sep 19 09:56:11 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli:
> Doesn't seem to have done any damage to Python's standing in the
> field of scientific computation -- on the contrary, decoupling the

Out of curiousity, does python have any standing in the field of
business accounting?  Perhaps those with experience can chime in as to
how this has been handled effectively.  We learned long ago to keep all
amounts in whole pennies.  In python, we need to keep everything as
longs and be careful not to slip up and allow normal ints.  Not a
problem, and one that int/long unification will resolve when it gets
here.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com