PySol: "global name 'win32_gethomedir' is not defined"

Alan Winston awinston at scn.org
Tue Sep 10 13:48:48 EDT 2002

"Syver Enstad" <syver-en+usenet at online.no> wrote in message
news:un0qp6aex.fsf at online.no...
> "Alan Winston" <awinston at scn.org> writes:
>
> > I've been trying to run the PySol 4.81 pyc files under Python 2.2.1
> > and
> >
> > WinXP and Win98, with no success.
> >
> > The Python window closes much faster than I can read the error message
> > (is
> >
> > there any way to force the window to stay open?),
>
> Can't help with the cause, but can't you just start the program from
> the command prompt instead of via explorer?

Thank you.

That makes the error messages much easier to see:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pysol.py", line 19883, in ?
  File "pysol.py", line 19881, in main
  File "pysol.py", line 19838, in pysol_main
  File "pysol.py", line 18833, in __init__
  File "pysol.py", line 260, in gethomedir
NameError: global name 'win32_gethomedir' is not defined

--
Alan Winston
Seattle