linking embedded python

Keith S. keith_s at ntlworld.nospam.com
Thu Sep 5 04:45:29 EDT 2002

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, but how does one link
a C++ application in Unix with embedded python?

Under Solaris 2.8 I found what appears to be the
link library /usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a
(the python installation came from the Sun freeware site).

However, when I try and link, I get errors like:

dlsym
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a(dynload_shlib.o)  (symbol
belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
dlopen
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a(dynload_shlib.o)  (symbol
belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)
dlerror
/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config/libpython2.1.a(dynload_shlib.o)  (symbol
belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libdl.so.1)

Anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

- Keith