can wxpython do this?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Sep 18 00:07:37 EDT 2002

Erick wrote:
>     > A better option, although I haven't tried it myself, would be
>     > to use py2exe to build an executable, then package that up
>
> thanks Peter, but I was talking about something cross-platform. As py2exe's
> page says:
>
>      py2exe is a distutils extension to convert python scripts into
>     executable windows programs, which are able to run without
>     requiring a python installation.
>

> do you know if it works across platforms?

I don't believe the current solutions are cross-platform, but
it could be feasible to build a meta-packager which uses the
appropriate package to build executables for different platforms
by calling on the appropriate platform-dependent packager.

Anyway, do you really want all platforms, or a specific subset?

-Peter