How do i print to a printer using python?

Uwe Schmitt uwe.schmitt at procoders.net
Wed Sep 11 05:42:28 EDT 2002

Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> "Uwe Schmitt" <uwe.schmitt at procoders.net> wrote in message
> news:allofr$lgscc$2 at hades.rz.uni-sb.de...
>> Naveed Iqbal <iqbal at colorado.edu> wrote:
>> > Thank you all for your help. I am really a novice when it comes to
>> > python. Will someone tell me how to install the win32ui module in
>> > windows?
>> > thanka
>> > naveed
>>
>> I suceeded without win32all: I generated a postscript file
>> and copied it to the 'file' "prn:" using shutil.copyfile().
>>
> Disk Operating System Rules OK!

shurely :-)

> Uwe: you'll clearly do well with such lateral thinking abilities. What
> software did you use to generate the PS?

I just found this solution because I was to lazy to read the
win32all ducomentation ....

At first I use pdflib to generate pdf-files (which can be stored,
send by email..) and then used ghostscript to convert pdf to ps.

The only "problem" I have, is that ghostscript opens a window, even
if I use it from the commandline...

Greetings, Uwe.

--
Dr. rer. nat. Uwe Schmitt      Computer science is no more about Computers,
uwe.schmitt at procoders.net      than astronomy is about telescopes. (Dijkstra)