Larry Wall's comment on python...

Robert Hanlin findler_lambda at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 8 15:39:04 EDT 2002

Rod Stephenson <viking_kiwi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Python is cool to look at small bits of, but I think the "outline"
> syntax breaks down with larger chunks of code.

Looks like Larry is simplifying or making a novice mistake.  Knuth
wrote that whitespace indentation is good when languages can let you
write small blocks of code.  Python does this for you.  In fact,
Python is set up to gently prod you to write clear chunks of code.

Perl is not.  It's a different philosophy.  If he believes there's
more than one way to do things, he should realize that Python has its
own way.

Rob