What the heck? open() requires an integer?

Mark Charsley mark.charsley at REMOVE_THIS.radioscape.com
Mon Sep 23 11:22:00 EDT 2002

In article <fec163ad.0209201606.6fff11c0 at posting.google.com>,
mgarcia at cole-switches.com (Manuel M. Garcia) wrote:

> O'Reilly publishes two excellent books for people who wish to learn
> Python and write applications quickly: Programming Python, 2nd
> Edition, and Python Cookbook.

Programming Python 2nd ed is _not_ much good for a complete beginner at
Python - I speak from experience (and I'm not new to programming).

The gentle intro from the 1st edition (which was good for beginners from
the reviews I've read) has been taken out, and expanded into Learning
Python also by O'Reilly.

Once one has read Learning Python, then Programming Python 2nd ed makes a
lot more sense.

--

Mark - personal opinion only, could well be wrong, not representing
company, don't sue us etc. etc.