Non-interpreted Python?

Tapio Kelloniemi spam07 at thack.org
Mon Sep 23 15:41:18 EDT 2002

                          Re: Non-interpreted Python?
Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Tapio Kelloniemi wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to Python and would like to know, wheter it is possible to
>> compile Python code to binary executables (and on which platforms)?

[--]
>There are other approaches, but there's no point describing them until
>you explain *why* you want to do this.  What are your requirements?
I'm using Linux and searching for a good high-level language to use in
my projects. I don't have any special ideas, it depends on language. I
don't like the idea of using any interpreted language, but have heard so
much good about Python. I have used mostly C before and so it would be
best to give up my speed requirements.

>> Or better, if it is possible to compile code into object format and then
>> link with C/C++/whatever code.
>
>Python has excellent facilities for embedding in applications written
>in C/C++.  Check the documentation for the relevant sections.

I have thought of writing some parts of programs in Python (some kind of
library) and then be able to use it in C++/Ruby/anything else, if it is
possible.

--
Tapio