Timothy Rue

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Sep 6 16:54:32 EDT 2002

Donn Cave <donn at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Quoth xganon <remailer at xganon.com>:
> | Does Timothy Rue still Troll here?
> | If not, how did you get rid of him?
> | We need him out of our group now,
> | maybe we could get him into a Perl
> | group for a while and let them deal
> | with him?

Which group is that anyway? :) Seems like you and Tim have been posting
on comp.sys.amiga misc. Apparently you were looking for a Tim Rue
FAQ at the time, and the thread has a link, FAQ posted in '99!

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=tim.rue.faq&start=10&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm=7r5lrp%24ftj%241%40ns2.dialnet.net&rnum=15

Fun, fun..

> If the problem is only that he posts to your group, then your
> group is way ahead of comp.lang.python.  When he was here, a
> number of regulars utterly lost touch with whatever common sense
> they may ordinarily possess, and it went on for what seemed like
> months.  If you don't want to engage in his discussion, then don't.
> I think you'll find that it works as well as anything.

I am a regular and I didn't have any common sense anyway. I had great
fun watching Tim Rue in action, though. Perhaps the Python Secret Underground
got to him, but since it doesn't exist that is somewhat unlikely.

I'm a fan of the ruebot. Did you know it was a rogue timbot? It doesn't
say so in the FAQ, but it's true. Perhaps this is secret PSU information,
in which case they would really not want me to say that in addition he