Makefile.pre.in ?? installing postgresql --with-python

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Sep 4 03:21:42 EDT 2002

eugene kim <eugene1977 at hotmail.com> writes:

> ./configure --with-python gives me this error (postgresql7.1.3 config)
>
> configure: error: The Python extension makefile was expected at
> `/usr/local/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile.pre.in\'

The Makefile.pre.in procedure for building extension modules is not
supported anymore. Extension authors should use distutils.

If you don't want to write a setup.py for postgresql, you can probably
work around this by disabling the relevant section of postgresql's
configure.in, and building the extension manually - you should look at
their Setup file to find any additional options they want to use for
the Python extensions.

Regards,
Martin