UNIX processes

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk at forbis.lt
Tue Sep 10 09:16:48 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 14:39, Michael Stenner wrote:
>   1) use the program "ps", which does the right thing for any given
>      os/kernel and presents a fairly standardized report, or
Yes. Especially, if it is not for Linux only.

>   2) pick the os(s) that you care about, and write your own code to do
>      it directly.  On linux, that can be done pretty nicely through the
>      /proc/ filesystem ("man proc").
Yes, I know this. Seems that no more way to do. :(

--
Regards, Bogdan

Apologies for taking up the bandwidth with the apology.  Anything else I
can apologise for ...... er no can't think of anything, sorry about that.
                Andy Hunt (Member of British Olympic Apology Squad)