Aristotle and Python

Fazal Majid news at NOSPAMmajid.fm
Mon Sep 9 22:36:36 EDT 2002

James J. Besemer wrote:
>> Larry Wall Wrote:
>>
>> "Python is cool to look at small bits of, but I think the "outline"
>> syntax breaks down with larger chunks of code. I'm with Aristotle on
>> the structure of discourse--a story should have a beginning, and
>> middle, and an end. So should blocks"
> Typically, he substitutes a cute particle of rhetoric for a meaningful
> response.

That's funny, I hadn't read Larry's article as I am not all that
interested in Perl (dropped it for Python in 94, haven't looked back
since), but I set out an Aristotle comparison at about the same time.
One of the good things about Python is that it is non-aristotelian:
http://www.majid.info/radio/2002/09/07.html#a30

-- Fazal Majid