upgrading python

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Thu Sep 5 21:11:59 EDT 2002

The problem is how do you get such an installer to work?  Also, how would
the installer know of the different packages?  There are literally hundreds
of packages.  How about the mxODBC package?  Scientifc?  Real?
Having said that - I for one have always run into such issues (please note
that I am using the word issues, not problems).  I just keep track of what
packages I am using and only upgrade when the need arises.  It is much
better to keep the Python 'generic' distribution separate from anything
else.  Then download an duse the packages that you need.
DeepBleu

news:3D777EA9.F9A96C83 at ipm.fhg.de...