help with print function in extension

Eric Hagemann ehagemann at comcast.net
Wed Sep 25 17:03:30 EDT 2002

Alex, Thanks -- missed that section in the manual.  I blindly assumed that I
could use the repr() as the print func......

ok so for the next trick question. I implemented a function that has the
proto
int print_func(PyObject *obj, FILE *fp,int flags)

when I try to print to fp -- as in --> fprintf(fp,"<fmt>", , )... I crash
the program.

when the print function is used and output is sent to the screen is the fp
set equal to stdout ?

The example in the "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter" show a
fprintf to fp as might be expected ?!?

Cheers

news:4jfk9.163306$pX1.5842487 at news2.tin.it...