Why Python?

Benjamin phncontact.libero.it at
Wed Sep 4 04:14:02 EDT 2002

Hi guys (and girls)
I just begun to learn how to program. And I choosed Python for
doing that. surfing around the web i found an article about this
language, they said it's the ideal language for beginners to the
world of programming. and i admit it, the syntax is very clear making
the code very readable, i learn easily the concepts of programming
and i soon wrote some nice programs. but since i finished my
newbie-tutorial, i am wondering about one question: is it worth to go
deeper into python? i talked to a friend of mine, he told me that i
should try php..
what should i do?? ^_^ in other words: what is python good for?
why should i continue with python?
thank you!