Must have Python modules?

Robert Oschler Oschler at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 2 08:24:21 EDT 2002

"Gerhard Häring" <gerhard.haering at opus-gmbh.net> wrote in message
news:slrnan6k4s.eg.gerhard.haering at haering.opus-gmbh.net...
> Robert Oschler wrote:
>
> What do you want to hear? Everyone's list of favourite Python extensions?
> There's likely is more than one for most of us. My favourite is the "this"
> module.

Gerhard,

In C++, which has thousands of libraries, snippets, etc. there were only a
few that I personally used religiously.  For example, the Boost Smart
Pointer library.  In Delphi the Jedi libray is a must-have library with a
very broad coverage of functions.  Most programmers I talk to, regardless of
the language, have a few libraries or [beans/components/plug-ins] which they
have fallen in love with and use in almost every, if not every, project.  It
is that uber-list I want to hear about.  I went to freshmeat.net and there
are over 695 Python entries.  Scanning every project and then figuring out
how useful they are would be fun but probably not very productive.  In
python I already have two that I'm very find of, Secret Labs RegExp module
and the xml.dom module.  (And the wonderful WingIDE environment for Python
development!)  I want to know what the other favorites are "out there".

thx