Why Python?

RPM1 rpm1deletethis at nospamfrontiernet.net
Wed Sep 4 06:49:28 EDT 2002

"Benjamin" <phncontact.libero.it@> wrote in message
news:uafbnugdli4c3f8ns6qr33mna5urdno78g at 4ax.com...
> Hi guys (and girls)
> I just begun to learn how to program. And I choosed Python for
> doing that. surfing around the web i found an article about this
> language, they said it's the ideal language for beginners to the
> world of programming. and i admit it, the syntax is very clear making
> the code very readable, i learn easily the concepts of programming
> and i soon wrote some nice programs. but since i finished my
> newbie-tutorial, i am wondering about one question: is it worth to go
> deeper into python? i talked to a friend of mine, he told me that i
> should try php..
> what should i do?? ^_^ in other words: what is python good for?
> why should i continue with python?
> thank you!

I think you should try coding in C.  It's used everywhere for
everything.  It's faster than about any other language.
Most other languages are written in C.  C is highly marketable.

But best of all...

You'll learn to *really* appreciate other languages like Python,
Java, ...

If you really want to get a feel for a language, read a fairly large
program that somebody else has written in that language, (not
just little snippets).

Patrick