untrusted dynamic module: win32api

Guy Rabiller grabiller at 3dvf.net
Sun Sep 8 06:45:32 EDT 2002

[Mark]
> It appears that SoftImage is configuring ActiveScripting for "untrusted"
> scripts - ie, SoftImage is requesting the scripting engine switch into
> untrusted mode.  Thus, you really need to ask SoftImage is the
> application can be configured to not request restricted execution mode
> of the language

After a closer look, it seems that this has nothing to do with Softimage,
but with MSIE.

Even if I include ( for exemple ):

<SCRIPT Language="Python">
import win32com.client
w = win32com.client.Dispatch("Photoshop.Application")
</SCRIPT>

in a simple html file, then launching it in MSIE, totaly outside from
Softimage, it doesn't work, I still have the same error message.
( it works in VBScript and JScript )

I think this has to do with restricted execution mode, but I have no clue
how to customize it for allowing the loading of 'untrusted dynamic modules'.

Any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Guy.

3d animator / td
grabiller at 3dvf.net
http://grabiller.3dvf.net