Python embedded - linking problem on Linux - RESOLVED

Kim Petersen kp at kyborg.dk
Fri Sep 20 04:31:34 EDT 2002

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this one....

The trouble *was* the Cobol call to dlopen() ... it did _not_ have the
RTLD_GLOBAL flag set on their load of my extention (their own way of
extending). (After some quaralling over dlopen() i finally got them to
send me a patched version of their runtime with RTLD_GLOBAL to test).

Conclusion: in the *first* call to a chain of dynamic objects, it is
neccesary to do dlopen() with RTLD_GLOBAL - otherwise python will not be
able to export its symbols to its own symbols.

--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards

Kim Petersen - Kyborg A/S
IT - Innovationshuset