SET_LINENO

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Sep 26 10:28:24 EDT 2002

Bruce,

> As a partial author of the HAP Python Debugger (available on source
> forge) I read about the imminent removal of SET_LINENO with some worry.

I've been working on a Python debugger of my own, and having briefly
tested it with 2.3a0, I'm nothing but delighted with the results.  It
fixes a number of minor niggles - stopping twice on block-start lines,
stopping on 'def' lines and stopping on docstrings, to pick some
random examples.

> wouldn't a break-point opcode be a more substantial improvement

This would be very nice too!

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com