Zope Status?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Sep 9 03:05:23 EDT 2002

Jeff Sasmor wrote:

> That's just one thing. Also, Zope 3 is a clean-slate redesign; that is,
> it is being rearchitected with no initial regard for existing Zope
> applications.  I suppose opinions go either way on this, but overall
> it is probably a Good Thing.  I recall reading that there will eventually
> be backwards compatibility, perhaps with some interface layer, but
> I suspect that the initial releases will be for very advanced developers.

As far as I can see from the examples you actually don't need to be an
advanced developer. It seems that it will indeed be much more simple to
develop for Zope3 than it is for the current version.

Also they are taking care of some of the things that could make it
difficult to develop in Zope. Like relations.

regards Max M