Background programs on Windows XP

M.J.Fisher m.j.fisher at ex.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 10:21:53 EDT 2002

Hello,

I have been using the following code the run a program in the backgroup
on Windows'95 and WindowsNT machines:

os.spawnl(os.P DETACH, 'c:\\python22\\python', 'python',
'c:\\agents.py')

However, when one of the users of this program changed from Windows'95
to WindowsXP (they also changed from Python2.1 to Python2.2 but I didn't
think this was probably relevant) this stopped working.

I cannot find any information about this in the python documentation or
newsgroups so I would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thank you,

Michelle