CFP: UK Python Conference 2003

Duncan Booth duncan at NOSPAMrcp.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 04:31:23 EDT 2002

Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com (Gareth McCaughan) wrote in
news:slrnaocste.qcp.Gareth.McCaughan at g.local:

> Duncan Booth wrote:
>>                     *** Call for Participation ***
>>                       UK Python Conference 2003
>>
>>                             April 2-3 2003
>>                          Holiday Inn, Oxford
>> To submit a proposal, send an email message to duncan at rcp.co.uk by 2nd
>> October 2003. In your message, please include the following:
>           ^^^^
>
> I'd like to propose a paper on "Novel applications of
> Guido's time machine". :-)

And there I was feeling miffed about not being able to spell the subject
line! Well, we are hoping that Guido will be there, so I'll just ask him to
nip forward and collect the abstracts in time for the real deadline of 2nd
October 2002.

Repost with the deadline corrected:

                    *** Call for Participation ***
                      UK Python Conference 2003

                            April 2-3 2003
                         Holiday Inn, Oxford

The UK Python Conference 2003 is being held in conjunction with the
larger ACCU conference. The conference will include two days of papers
arranged in 90 minute speaking slots with either one or two tracks.

The audience is highly technical and will include experts in many
fields of computing, some of whom may know little or nothing about
Python. Talks will be welcomed on any aspect of Python, but we are
especially interested in the following:

        - Commercial applications for Python
        - Cross-language talks

Speakers are welcome from the UK or the rest of the world, however our
budget for overseas speakers may be limited.

To submit a proposal, send an email message to duncan at rcp.co.uk by 2nd
October 2002. In your message, please include the following:

        - Speaker name and affiliation
        - Contact address
        - Presentation title
        - A one paragraph abstract